Saturday, January 10, 2009

Etsy, Artfire, Crochet, and Pain.

So, I've had a busy two months. I have opened a store on the new handmade site Artfire www.LiDDesignsBoutique.artfire.com to run alongside my etsy store www.LiDDesignsBoutique.etsy.com . As yet I am waiting for my first sale, but the site is still in beta & traffic through there is alot less than with etsy.
Im working hard at promoting you can catch my tweets on Twitter under liddesigns, as well as news updates on Myspace www.myspace.com/liddesignsboutique .
I have been working on filling my Etsy store to have one new/renewed item a day. I have been working on improving the pictures by taking shots in my new GIANT lightbox with special daylight bulbs and then wanging them through Picassa & Photoshop photo editing to bring up the colours and brightness etc. It seems to be working, I'm getting into treasuries regularly, and last week I hit the front page for the first time! Still doing a happy dance from that one.
I have this slight crochet addiction at the moment, which is bringing on pains in my wrists (not good) My whole winter collection started with testing out felting crochet which progessed into a whole collection of mini berets in different colours and some were worked into with beads and sequins. This developed into a frilly scarflette design once the weather began to turn, which has since expanded with a chunky unisex range. I'm now working up a crocheted retro range of hats, in line with my retro silk hat line which has already been released in my artfire store.
I need to start thinking about spring & summer 09 which is going to comprise of sewn hats, purses and shoes, embellished with handstitched embroidery along the lines of Doodle Stitching.
Bringing everything together I am working on my own website which the entire ranges will be showcased on. www.liddesigns.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I visited your Etsy shop! I favorited the pink mask with the black tatted lace on it. Very pretty and fun.