Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Good Start to the New Year



So I was pootling around today, clearing up from the NYE party last night, took a break for 5 to see what was going on in the world of Etsy, hit update on my Craft Cult item views page, which was at about 20 hits all morning & all of a sudden the first page hits read 357! With the next 2 pages totalling around 50 hits each. WTF!!?? I did a double take, figured maybe the Heartomatic was having a glitchy 5 minutes, but no, there in black & white in the space of around an 45mins from 2.30pm was a massive spike in views. So I hit Etsy front page to see if it was there, but it was nowhere to be seen, had a quick flick through the gift guides, but again to no avail. Hit on my shop & scrolled down the first page to find that my Ice Crystal hat had more than doubled in views! YAY! Or had someone played a crewl trick & just hit on my item over & over again?
Next stop the treasuries but there was no star next to a title, foiled again! Where do I go now? Hmmmmm.....
Then I remembered a non affiliated site called Feasty, which keeps track of featured sellers on the front page of Etsy. BINGO! Sure enough under the heading 'Front Page' was my hat!
But how did it get there? A secret admirer had hearted it on Dec 31st, could this have been a member of Admin making their own anonymous treasury, well I guess so! So thanks whoever you are!
Still holding out for the Etsyfrontpagers Flickr group to have woken from their NY hangovers & have started taking those screen shots by 2.30pm as none had been uploaded since 3am & I may be able to bathe in the glory once again! And to see what other lovely items it was paired with. Fingers crossed!
Woot Woot! Started doing the happy dance, my first ever front page!
And not only that but on the first day of the new year, is it a sign.........

No comments: