Friday, September 12, 2008

Why I decided to start this blog.....

Well I really want to write a book, but I dont know where to start and I dont think I have enough information to fill one yet! So if I start writing this then I'll have an 'archive' of what I know, and hopefully I will impart some knowledge and plenty of hints and tips and techniques on 'How To' make stuff!
I am a fully qualified Fashion Designer. I have my own label - LiD Designs. I am currently specializing in Millinery and am self teaching myself millinery techniques, so as I learn I can share with you the hits (and the misses!)
I also make bags and jewellery, I love to knit and crochet and felt. I get easily distracted when I see a new technique I want to try (Ive dabbled on so many different things over the last two weeks that I have a load of little piles of half started projects scattered around the room!).
I like to make a fabric from scratch and then manipulate it into an item or garment, its far more satisfying that way!
If anyone wants to know how to do something that perhaps I havent blogged about, please feel free to comment, requesting a tutorial on the subject. I may not know how to do it (yet), but I can probably find out and then we can all learn together!
Ok enough from me now, let me get on and make something!(Or should that be finish off something out of the pile)
Loves!xx

No comments: