Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Marketplaces

With so many new selling sites springing up left right and centre, it's hard to know where to pick to sell on. A lot of them are still in beta, so they havent finished testing them out, and there are no real sales figures to go on, so you dont know how successful you will be there.
But thats how Ebay & Etsy started out and now they have millions & hundreds of thousands (respectively) of users.
I have been selling on Etsy now for just over 6 months. I decided not to put all my eggs in one basket and in the last week I have opened shops on two new selling sites: shophandmade.com & artfire.com. Both have opening offers for new sellers, free listings and discounted memberships.
Only time will tell as to how successfull selling on there will be, as sales on Etsy have been slow.

2 comments:

Ooty said...

Good Luck!=)

DVArtist said...

Hi I have been visiting your blog and love your creations. I have an award for you. If you will go to my blog you can retreive it.
http://beadwright.blogspot.com

Have a great day
Nicole