Friday, October 24, 2008

My new hat block and steamer.




A few weeks ago I bought my first proper wooden hat block. I got it from ebay and it took ages to arrive! But it was well worth it. Next mission was to find something to steam the buckram with. I hit upon those handheld steam cleaners that look like a coffee jug, but for what I wanted it for they can be pretty expensive. So whilst looking on the Bed, Bath & Beyond website for other things I came across one for $20 and instead of the pointed nozzle it had a wide flat 'beek'. The first 'experiment' has gone really well. The wide nozzle means that more buckram is hit in one go, and it also helps to 'smooth' the fabric down which helps to eradicate scolded fingers. Take alook at the pictures.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I enjoyed learning how you make your hats! That hat block is cool! :) Also, thanks for stoppin by my blog and for following. Cheers from Boston! :D